Submissions – Muffled Scream
While we encourage writers to submit to us, we do want you to have the
chance of being accepted for publication. Our guidelines are very straightforward. Please take
the time to ensure you follow our submission guidelines.
- We only accept new, never before published works
- When attaching the manuscript, make sure it is only the manuscript
- Do not include cover letters or bios in your manuscript
- A short synopsis area is provided, please use it
- Do not supply a long synopsis, keep it under 200 words
- Only submit once
- Do not use "special" fonts
- Manuscripts should be over 50,000 words (but we may except smaller)
We attempt to contact every author who submits to us. Please understand
that it can take as long as three months depending on how many submissions
Once accepted, your manuscript will go through three editing steps:
- Spelling / Grammar / Punctuation
Your manuscript will stay true to the language you submit in. We want your voice in the
work, so great care is taken during the editing stages. Keep in mind the work must adhere
to proper spelling and grammar to be publishable.
Note: The Wicked Tales imprint deals with specific genres of writing. If your
manuscript is a better fit for one of our other imprints, we will forward it to them.
Submissions for Muffled Scream III - Bound Feet, open June 1st, 2017.
Only horror stories with a "Bound Feet" theme will be considered.
Please get your stories ready.